Wednesday, May 17

Story of PTSD (continued)














The first comment is a mom's response to the story of the soldier in Iowa that killed himself. The second comment is her response to my article. They both talk about her struggles with a son who has PTSD from his experience in the Marines.


From the mother's perspective, I am always asking myself, "am I doing enough?" This story hits so close to home. I think of all the times my son called me to tell me he had a gun in his mouth culminating to the driving the car at 120mph on a curvy road this last christmas, he survived but not even the state patrol could figure out how. He's living with me and is going to start college in a couple of weeks. I can't stop crying. I am so thankful he made it home alive both times, and so afraid he isn't going to survive the PTSD. He won't get help because he doesn't want it on his record. I don't know what to do.


Re: The Reality of PTSD on Communities

Very well said. When the Marines answer to my request for my son to get help was putting him on a graveyard shift on MP duty so he would have a sidearm, I went crazy. I felt like they were telling him to go ahead and finish the job.

No comments: